Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ohio River Folk Festival, Madison, IN


May 21 and 22, 2010, I went to the Ohio River Folk Festival in Madison, IN. I camped at Clifty Falls State Park, just outside town. Madison is a great river city, with a vibrant downtown area of quaint shops and cafes. I love walking the several blocks of the downtown shopping district visiting the thriving stores. I went into town early Saturday morning to the Farmers' Market where I bought some eggs, onions, and lettuce. Festivals in Madison are held down by the Ohio River in a park, unfortunately a park with few trees so it can get pretty hot. The lineup for this festival was great, and I will go back again as long as they keep bringing in such talent. I went to see my favorite band, the subdudes, who were the Saturday night headliners, pictured in the top photo. Loudon Wainwright III is pictured below the subdudes, below him--the Carolina Chocolate Drops who are amazing. I'm so glad I got to see them play live. Below the Chocolate Drops is Krista Detor, and from Friday's lineup is Tommy Ramone--yes, of The Ramones, now playing some pretty serious bluegrass.


1 comment: